You can check out pretheory.com and blog.pretheory.com for free and we hope you do.
We encourage your comments, but we can edit or delete any comment you make to any post if we want to (we rarely do this, but we might if you post something offensive, spammy, generally evil, or even just off-topic).
Also, we don’t take responsibility if something on the site is inaccurate or just plain wrong, even if we wrote it.
If you think your trademark, copyright or trade secrets are being violated, let us know, and we’ll do the best we can to remove the offending material.
That’s the basic idea, but you must read through the entire Terms of Service below and agree with all the details before you use any of our sites.
This document is based upon the Automattic Terms of Service and is licensed under Creative Commons Share-Alike License 1.0. Basically, this means you can use it verbatim or edited, but you must release new versions under the same license and you have to credit Automattic somewhere (like this!).
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Pretheory, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
1. Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
* the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
* if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
* you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
* the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
* the Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
* the Content is not obscene, libelous or defamatory, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; and
* you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Pretheory or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Pretheory for inclusion on the Website, you grant Pretheory a world-wide, royalty-free, unrestricted, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content in any medium and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and authorize others to do so.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Pretheory has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Pretheory’s sole discretion (i) refuse, remove, delete, modify, edit, or censor any content that, in Pretheory’s reasonable opinion, violates any Pretheory policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Pretheory’s sole discretion.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors. Pretheory has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software and user comments, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Pretheory does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Pretheory disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Website links, and that link to the Website. Pretheory does not have any control over those non-Pretheory websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Pretheory website or webpage, Pretheory does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Pretheory disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Pretheory websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Pretheory asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Pretheory at email@example.com. Pretheory will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Pretheory or others, Pretheory may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website.
5. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Pretheory to you any Pretheory or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Pretheory. Pretheory, pretheory.com, the Pretheory logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pretheory or Pretheory’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Pretheory or third-party trademarks.
6. Changes. Pretheory reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Pretheory may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Termination. Pretheory may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Pretheory and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Pretheory nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Pretheory, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damagaes; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; or (iii) for interuption of use or loss or corruption of data. Pretheory shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pretheory, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
12. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Pretheory and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and it may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Pretheory, or by the posting by Pretheory of a revised version. Except to the extent that applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, and any access to or use of the Website shall be governed by the laws of the state of Colorado, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Denver, Colorado. You agree to irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of those courts and waive all objections to jurisdiction or venue. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Pretheory may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.