Over the last 3 weeks, a lot of time and energy went into our product name. We have written about the pains of naming a lot previously, but I think this round was even tougher for us. I think a quick rundown of some of the naming stats will help illustrate our effort.
- 9 page long wiki entry on possible product names
- 300ish possible names created
- 1 domain suggestion service tried (pickydomains.com – I will describe our experience in a later post)
- 14 names researched for trademarks and existing usage
- Countless hours trying names at Instant Domain Search
- 2 spam mailings to all our friends for name feedback (thanks a million, everyone!)
- 6 domains purchased
After all of that, we can officially unveil our product name – Seekler. If you don’t know what we’re doing exactly, that name probably won’t make much sense to you. Give us just a little more time – we’ll be explaining it all in the next few weeks, so watch this space and seekler.com.